Members of UC World Civil Society are predominantly non-governmental organizations and associations, individuals, private organizations and corporations who are:
- active in the field of intercultural dialogue and cultural diversity, and
- work across all sectors concerned with improving the general welfare of communities.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
As a member of UC WORLD CIVIL SOCIETY, you can expect to:
- Gain access to the UN Alliance of Civilizations global network of partners
- Connect with local and international organizations working in the field of intercultural understanding
- Find partnership opportunities for joint-projects on local and international level
- Gain access to joint-fundraising efforts
- Access leadership and development opportunities
- Gain access to community leaders representing different cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Raise the profile and the visibility of innovative local policy and practices onto the global scene
- Gain opportunities to attend events organized by the UN Alliance of Civilizations and its partners and to participate in programs (annual Forum; regional and thematic programs; grants and competition; training…)
- Receive the latest information and exchange data with UN Alliance of Civilizations
- Contribute to fostering the impact of every culture on the development of mainstream society
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
- Non-governmental and apolitical organizations
- Private companies and corporations
- The Arts & Culture
TYPES OF ORGANIZATIONS:
- Faith-spiritual-religious groups
- Cultural and ethnic groups
- Socially responsible business
- Social and sports clubs
- Peak bodies
- National congress bodies
- Civil society councils
- Multicultural organizations
- Community/national and various councils
UC World Civil Society serves as a link between the UN Alliance of Civilizations, its members (Focal Points), and grassroots community-based organizations. The initiative is guided by the Global Presidency and managed by Global Dialogue Foundation, Melbourne, Australia.
Disclaimer: Global Dialogue Foundation reserves the right to disassociate from activities of its members, for which it is unaware or has not been informed, at all times and based on any and all circumstances.